Friday, May 28, 2010

New Beginnings

About a year ago, I moved to Philadelphia to make a new start for myself. New job, new apartment, new life. 10 months of working out the kinks, I think I might just be starting to get this thing right. Tomorrow I take the first step out into the world of true "adulthood". I am moving into my first solo apartment - no more roommates or parents or live-in awful (ex) boyfriends. Just me, myself, on my own. Paying my own bills, making my own mess.

Does it scare the shit out of me? Of course. Am I worried that I am going to fall flat on my face? Absolutely. Like a baby bird trying to fly for the first time, I am standing on the pavement shuddering and flapping my wings a few times before taking flight. I will possibly take a short trip a few feet down the sidewalk and inevitably stop and try to start this whole thing over again, but one day I will get it right. I will lift my wings and flap and catch some air and soar up, up, up into the sky, never looking down, never looking back. Flying free.

I am just a 20 something girl going on 30 and trying to spread my wings and learn to fly into the world of Adulthood.

This is my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment